In the pulsating heart of Brooklyn, NY, a new sensation is emerging in the world of hip-hop. Young Pluto, born on January 16 under the sign of Capricorn, is captivating the industry with his unique blend of charisma, ambition, and playful lyrics. But what’s the story behind this talented artist, and how did he embark on his musical journey? In this article, we’ll dive into Young Pluto’s life, influences, and his latest release, “More to Lif3,” which is set to take the music scene by storm.
Young Pluto’s roots trace back to Brooklyn, NY, but he spent his formative years in Hempstead, NY. As a child, he had an innate talent for drawing and was often reserved and shy. He hails from a family of six, being the oldest of his siblings, which includes two sisters and a brother. This introverted yet charismatic artist’s personality is a captivating blend of ambition and playfulness. His Nigerian heritage adds an extra layer of cultural richness to his artistry.
The Musical Revelation:
At the age of nineteen, while working at Dunkin’ Donuts, Young Pluto’s life took an unexpected turn. During a slow day at work, his coworker, Kevin, suggested freestyling for fun. Initially hesitant, Young Pluto eventually gave in and took on the challenge. The experience was nothing short of magical, as Kevin’s astonished expression affirmed his hidden talent. This encounter led to a pivotal moment in his life, igniting his passion for music.
Young Pluto recalls that moment with fondness, “I remember Kevin’s face had this surprised/amazed look to it. He tells me, ‘Bro, I’m not gonna lie, you need to do music seriously, why you never told me you were nice?’ I laugh it off, thank him, and decide to scribble the few bars I had said down on a customer’s forgotten receipt.” This impromptu freestyle session acted as the catalyst for Young Pluto’s musical journey.
The Birth of Young Pluto:
Later that day, Young Pluto couldn’t shake off what Kevin had said. Curiosity led him to find a beat, practice the freestyle he had written, and record himself on Snapchat, playing the beat from an old iPad. The positive response he received from his friends and acquaintances on Snapchat convinced him to pursue music more seriously. Their encouragement filled him with a sense of purpose. It was one of the first things he felt he excelled at, and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. Hence, Young Pluto was born, a nod to his favorite artists, “Lil Uzi Vert” and “Future,” who had similarly nicknamed themselves “Pluto.”
Young Pluto draws inspiration from a variety of musical legends. He counts Drake, Brent Faiyaz, and Future among his primary influences. His music taps into a wide range of emotions, exploring themes such as love, heartbreak, adventure, and a hint of toxicity. It’s all about making music that resonates and makes you feel something deeply.
“More to Lif3”:
Young Pluto’s most recent release, “More to Lif3,” is set to drop on October 31. The inspiration behind this track is an intriguing one. A casual flirtation with a woman who told him, “you’re too much of a ladies man, I couldn’t be with you because you’re for everybody,” sowed the seeds for this catchy tune. Young Pluto turned her words into a song with lyrics like “You want me just all to yourself, you said I’m for everybody, my homeboy a pull up in an Audi, not my fault that you’re not special, you just wanna be my darling.” The song is a testament to Young Pluto’s ability to turn real-life experiences into captivating music.
Accompanying this release is a short film featuring model $osa, promising an immersive visual experience to complement the music.
Young Pluto, the rising star of hip-hop, is a testament to the power of passion and creativity. His journey from a shy, introverted young artist to a charismatic and ambitious musician is a story that inspires. With influences like Drake and Future, Young Pluto’s music taps into the depths of human emotions, making it relatable to a broad audience.
“More to Lif3” is just one example of Young Pluto’s ability to transform personal experiences into captivating music. With his unique style and undeniable talent, Young Pluto is set to leave an indelible mark on the world of hip-hop. As he continues to grow and evolve as an artist, the future looks bright for this Nigerian-born artist from New York. Keep an eye out for Young Pluto; he’s destined for greatness in the world of music. 🎶🚀
Exclusive interview with Young Pluto
1. Can you tell us more about your early life and upbringing in Brooklyn and Hempstead, New York? How did your background influence your music?
I would say I remember as a kid sitting in the backseat of my parents car, old Drake would come on the radio, me and my little sister just singing our lungs out, times were just simpler then, that memory brings a warm feeling
2. What drew you to music, and can you share the story of how you got started in the industry at the age of 19?
What drew me to music was just having an outlet to express myself, because I used to hold a lot of my feelings in growing up
3. You mentioned a moment where a coworker encouraged you to freestyle at Dunkin’ Donuts. Can you describe that experience in more detail and how it felt for you?
That one moment was life changing, without that I don’t know if I’d be making music right now.
4. What was the significance of the moment you decided to go by the name “Young Pluto”? How did you come up with that name?
Someone told me that my music was out this world so I went with “Pluto”
5. Can you share more about your musical influences, including artists like Drake, Brent Faiyaz, and Future? How have they impacted your music?
One of the first songs I heard from Brent faiyaz was “Trust” I related to what he said in that song and I liked his vibe so I aspired to make music like that. I grew up listening to Drake, he’s a goat you know, so how could I not aspire to be a legendary artist like him.
6. Your music often delves into a wide range of emotions and experiences, including love, heartbreak, adventure, and toxicity. How do you draw from personal experiences when creating your music?
Honestly it just comes to me, it’s a feeling I can’t really describe
7. As an artist, what do you hope your listeners take away from your music, especially from “More to Lif3”?
Wanting more for yourself as an individual
8. Can you describe your creative process when it comes to making music? How do you approach songwriting and production?
I’ll listen to a beat, or maybe I’d hear a word that made me think of something and I’d immediately take out my phone and write down some bars, practice the cadence I want and look through some beats until I found one that fits and I got a song in the making.
9. In your journey as an artist, what have been some of the most significant challenges you’ve faced, and how did you overcome them?
Putting yourself out there in front of everyone know you’ll be judged and criticized. What makes you overcome it is that you have to be so confident in your work, that people’s negative opinions start to not affect you. Find the people who like you for you
10. What do you envision for your career in the music industry in the coming years? Any upcoming projects or collaborations you can tease for your fans?
I wanna inspire more people.
11. Finally, what advice would you give to aspiring artists who are looking to follow in your footsteps and make their mark in the world of hip-hop?
Do it because you love it, not because of anything else. These questions should help you gain a deeper understanding of Young Pluto’s background, music, and aspirations as an artist.